Leading separatists appear in HK court after arrest
Leading separatists Joshua Wong Chi-fung and Agnes Chow Ting have appeared in the Eastern Magistrates' Courts in Hong Kong Friday afternoon after they were arrested in the morning.
Wong and Chow, both 22, were arrested for their involvement in besieging the police headquarters in Wan Chai on June 21.
Both are facing charges of inciting others to participate in an unauthorized assembly and participating in an unauthorized assembly. Wong is facing a third charge of organizing an unauthorized assembly.
- Beijing city bans low flying vehicles around National Day
- Gas prices to rise in China
- HKSAR govt to cancel National Day fireworks display
- Sept 18 Incident memorialized across China
- National Day holiday travel forecast unveiled
- Museums partner to issue 'passport' to visitors